Friend won’t pay me back, what’s my opinions?

@frogwellprincess Similar case with mine. I lend 2.3k (back in 2022) to my close friend back in Uni. She told me all her sad stories (turn out everything, like everything was a lie). She even lied about her miscarriage. (so that I pity her and will not ask for money)

She only paid me back 600 ringgit. Texted her early this month asking her to pay me back consistently (she agreed to pay me RM200 monthly since last July but I only got the repayment once in a blue moon).

Tbh I’m not too sure how to brought this case to small court or civil court tbh.

@frogwellprincess As this is a friend and i take it that you cheerish this so called friendship then next step would be to ask him directly about the money. If he still playing around maybe you can politely get her mom to intervene. If this still doesnt work then court it is, i think there’s this small claim section for this kind of stuff.

@frogwellprincess No, la. Painful though it is, just walk away and forget about it. Kira burn.

With the ease of applying for personal loans nowadays, why would your friend turn to you unless he had no intention of paying.

Never lend to friends and relatives. Just give some cash as a gift saying this is all you can afford.

@ericc Asked Gemini about this. Gemini discouraged me from doing this since they can sue you for defamation. So yeah try to not insult I guess. Maybe frame it as a sort of warning