Friend reversed into me

My friend and I were both leaving a driveway, which we had to reverse out of. I started reversing first as I was behind said friend, I get to the end of the driveway and my tires spin at the end of the driveway due to the snow so I came to a complete stop so oncoming traffic could pass by. My friend didn't see me stopped and reversed right into me. They claimed they couldn't see out of their window or mirror as they were covered in snow and thought I pulled out already. They are trying to say it is 50/50 fault since I stopped at the end of the driveway. I disagree, what do you think? No damage to their truck but my 2023 Kia forte has a smashed front bumper, smashed grill, and my hood is crinkled in.

@orthodoxcrusader Your friend doesn’t get to decide liability. They hit you while backing. The excuse they didn’t see you because snow was in their car is without merit, as they have a duty to maintain a safe vehicle, which includes removing snow or anything else off the car that obstructs view. Also, doesn’t matter that you stopped at the end of the driveway. Your friend has the duty to maintain proper lookout, which they didn’t do.

File a claim with your AND their insurance company, provide your statement/photos of your damage (include snow buildup on their car if you took that already), and sit back. If your car is driveable, you can wait on their insurance but tell your insurance to keep collision open, so your carrier will leave the claim open and continue to follow up with claimant carrier.

@orthodoxcrusader Don’t have side discussions with your friend. The insurance will fight it out. The truck was higher than your vehicle but they also knew you left. They admitted to hazards of driving while not being able to see. When insurance interviews you make sure you tell them that. The car in front needs to leave the driveway before the second car leaves. Your friend knows this too. Just encourage your friend to follow up with their company when they ask. I hope they had insurance.