Free CASH.TO alternative in BMO Investorline

kgirl85

Hi there, I will be transferring my finances to a self-directed account with BMO (a.k.a. InvestorLine)

Thankfully, they have a list of ETFs with no commission fee ($9.95), including VEQT/XEQT. However, since it does not contain CASH.TO I am wondering if any astute Redditors see a reasonable alternative on this list of free ETFs: https://www.bmoinvestorline.com/selfDirected/pdfs/no_commission_fee_etfs_en.pdf

Otherwise, I may have to make my shorter-term investments (e.g. savings for a house down payment) on Wealthsimple. The only reason I wonder about the BMO InvestorLine money market ETF is because I'd like to consolidate the majority of my lifetime finances in a bank rather than WS.

Thank you in advance!

@kgirl85 I believe BMO has a HISA through InvestorLine you can purchase. Not sure the ticker, but I’m sure you could call in and they could give it to you.

From past thread looks like it’s BMT104. Of course confirm before purchasing.

@smars It is BMT104, but there are also 2 others you could use that are essentially the same (109 and 114). Buying and selling these are "free" transactions. BMOIL also has 3 USD HISAs.