Freaking out, 24 year old getting sued

philip8490

Was recently in a car accident about a month ago, I was the striking vehicle and claimed that my light was yellow when passing and he stated that his light was green and went through the lights at full speed thus colliding in the middle of the intersection according to the police report. No witnesses or cameras as far as I am aware.

A month later I am being sued by him and a personal injury representative lawyer.

My insurance policy only covers 40,000 for bodily injuries.

He didn’t leave in the ambulance that night but his air bags were deployed on the passenger side being struck there.

The following letter states:

Serious injuries are to his spine including upper to low back and neck pain. This has created an inability to assume daily functions and are disruptive to daily activities.

Also says that he incurred costs for required medical treatments by physicians.

What does this all mean and what does please consider this letter a liability claim mean.

(Veteran with an anxiety disorder)

@philip8490 They are filing a claim against your liability insurance policy. Notify your insurance company, they have a duty to represent you if you had coverage at the time of the accident. Lawyers letters are meant to sound intimidating and alarming but your insurance company deals with this kind of thing all the time.

@philip8490 This is why you pay insurance premiums. Your insurance company will handle this. Let them know about the claim if you have not already done so. You have nothing to worry about.

@philip8490 This may only be a letter of representation and not an actual lawsuit? Send this letter to your insurance company and ask them for help. IF you are being sued, they should provide a defense attorney to represent you. Those injury descriptions sound like a typical canned letter from an attorney, and if the accident only happened a month ago - this would be very fast to file a lawsuit.

@philip8490 it mostly likely and hopefully is just a letter of representation as someone else mentioned above. Lawyers rarely go after an individual in these cases unless it's like a last resort. Definitely give it to your insurance company and they can handle it and hopefully make this a little less stressful for you. I hope you are doing ok and good luck!