First Milestone Reached, 26M (1 crore Networth)

@kayelgee RSU are Restriced Stock Units, Some companies include a part of their shares in the total compensation of an employee, basically, they pay a part of your CTC as a form of their company's shares. Why restricted, you ask? Most companies assign the stock units to employees, but they can't immediately cash it in or make moves with it, they have a certain loyalty period after which you can deal with the said shares. For most companies it's a loyalty period of 2-4 years.

@renette I have some questions, please help me out here, I am just 2 months into work exp after clg:

- do I got to be employed in that company itself until the loyalty period to cash it? or does this depend on the company

- does this apply to companies or "startups" that doesnt have their stocks listed on the market yet ?

Thanks in advance

@mayfrancis see I'm no expert myself but I'll tell you what I know myself alright,

Firstly, Yes, You'll have to be employed at the same organisation till you complete the vesting(loyalty) period to be awarded with the RSUs.

Not exactly, Yes unlisted companies/startups also offer RSUs and yes you can sell them after the vesting period, But a public/listed company will give you immediate liquidity after the vesting period, Whereas through a private/unlisted company, you will have to find a buyer for the shares yourself(many companies won't allow) or wait for the company get listed or acquired.