First Milestone Reached, 26M (1 crore Networth)

dmscotland

I've always had the stupid goal, non-specific goal of reaching a networth of 1cr before I turned 30.And finally, on this Saturday morning, it came sooner than I expected. I fully expect to lose this milestone after a couple days of market downturn, but nevertheless, still feels nice to see the numbers turn.

Just sharing because no one else cares about this except me. Call it a prideful vent.Also, if someone has any critical comments on the breakdown/asset allocation/monthly investment?

Breakdown (Assets):
Value

Mutual Funds
₹4,785,233.00

EPF
₹1,024,036.00

Savings Accounts
₹350,938.00

GOLDBEES
₹450,322.00

FD + RD
₹54,146.00

PPF + Post Office
₹462,320.00

Vested RSUs (Fortune 500 Company)
₹2,558,365.00

NPS
₹345,330.00

Credit Card Debt
-₹21,632.00

XIRR: 20.73%, All-Time Return: 15.46L

Breakdown (Mutual Funds):
Value

Navi US Total Stock Market FoF Growth Direct Plan
₹ 6,69,653

Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Growth Direct Plan
₹ 11,48,341

Parag Parikh Conservative Hybrid Growth Direct Plan
₹ 3,49,983

UTI Nifty Next 50 Index Growth Direct Plan
₹ 10,84,042

UTI Nifty 50 Index Growth Direct Plan
₹ 12,63,267

Motilal Oswal S&P 500 Index Growth Direct Plan
₹ 2,52,205

Motilal Oswal Nifty Midcap 150 Index Growth Direct Plan
₹ 9,893

Monthly Investment: 1.4L SIP in Mutual Funds, and ~23k in ESPP at 15% discount

Breakdown (Monthly SIP of 1.4L)
Value

UTI Nifty 50 Index Growth Direct Plan
60.0 K

UTI Nifty Next 50 Index Growth Direct Plan
30.0 K

Navi US Total Stock Market FoF Growth Direct Plan
40.0 K

Motilal Oswal Nifty Midcap 150 Index Growth Direct Plan
10.0 K

Edit: Adding Additional Information for common questions people seem to have.

Job Profile: Software Dev

Salary Progression: (Displayed stocks I'm listing are only for the amount vesting that year. Every pay cycle, we get a new stock grant, which gets divided into 4 years. So I’m adding up stocks vested in a particular year only, across multiple grants.)

Company
Year
Pay

Banking
15.5 LPA

Banking
17LPA

Technology
26LPA + 7500USD stocks

Technology
30LPA + 14500 USD stocks

Technology
34LPA + 23250 USD

Net Monthly Pay (after taxes, EPF & ESPP deduction(23k)): 1.55L - 1.6

Average Monthly Expenses: 20k - 40k (Savings are fed by intermitted performance cash grants/yearly bonuses, rather than only monthly salary)

Investment Timeline: I’d been reading and setting up my mutual fund and demat accounts in the final semester of college.

So, first month of my paycheck (at age 22), I’d hit the ground running with 70% going to index fund SIPs. Being invested and staying invested, was more important.

Expenses of setting up in a new city (rental deposit, travel, etc) were fed by scholarship money left over from college.

@dmscotland
I've always had the stupid goal, non-specific goal of reaching a networth of 1cr before I turned 30.

Us bro, us.

Although... you reached it sooner than me (I reached it when I was 27).

By 30, you will likely have 2x the amount... congratulations man, it takes a lot of discipline to get to that point.

@dmscotland Congrats and thanks for sharing!

I am at 7% of my 1 cr and I am 32! Haven’t been able to save that much.

I wonder what would be your salary that you could save that much!

@geminikid First 2 were at a Bank, with no RSUs and mediocre pay and almost zero hikes.

Last ~3 years were at a Mid-sized Tech company, but a leader in their Industry niche. RSUs always did well, although never meteoric like a FAANG.

Most significant factor I'd say were the RSUs, and high savings rate right out of the gate from college. I was investing upto 70-75% into Index Fund SIPs the first month I'd a paycheck. And I never let it drop, all through the Covid Crashes, and Post Covid Rises and Crashes again.

@tours Look for companies with small-medium headcounts. With moats that have lasted multiple economic cycles. Doesn’t matter if they don’t pay top of the line.

Much better to be above-average and steady than meteoric and trigger happy layoff machines like the FAANGs.

@dmscotland Hi. I have been trying to get into such a company for a while. But how do you get into it? For such companies I never see any job postings, nothing in linkedin section of jobs or anything?