@gracer Honestly this is just beautiful figures , congratulations buddy . You seem like a guy that watches graham Stephan on YouTube just for fun haha

@gracer Wow thats impressive. Hoe many people in the household and in what industry do they work? Also out of curiosity, renting or owning house/apartment?

EDIT: seems you have a home loan. Any reason why you eould pay that off considering the high interest rates as opposed to investing the funds.

@canadianbroad Wife and myself. Both healthcare.

We are renting out apartments and then renting ourselves.

Currently all our savings are moving towards the loan. Trying to have R1m left to pay off by EOY. If the markets crash and burn then I'll take everything out of the loan account and put it back into the market if it reaches my entry targets.

@gracer You seem to have your head in you.
Essentially I had a late start.

Could you care to explain the anacronym FIRE never really heard about it unless it's about burning your house down ;)

@gracer Just looked it up. For someone in their late 20's it's pretty impressive.

I essentially was starting to build a career then, and wished I had followed similar practices to what I do now.

Essentially I follow a hybrid of the FIRE principles naturally with a lean approach / lifestyle.

Essentially I planned on retiring at 39, instead I got divorced at 37... Which wiped me out and left me with R1.8M debt and a single house as an asset and no work.

1 - subdivided parts of the house and rented out - but picky but renting to clean individuals generally you get better at it. Bond is now just under R15k + expenses R3-4k.... [Rentals average R25k while living there].

2 - Went back into corporate earned R52k a month before tax. Effectively when I look at individual costs (and this is lean I was spending R3-5k on food / groceries) - now I have implemented eggs / natural feeding systems around the house for chickens / got rid of the grass - veg and Aquaphonics so I spend R1-R3k in food and groceries still fair amount of luxuries as well but my basics are pretty much free....

3 - Aggressive movement in work and moving went from R0 unemployed back to corporate R50k 3 years later I sit on R90-R100k (software development)
3.1 Opened a factory R5k passive effectively
3.3 House - R10-15k profit passive (just had plans passed that should allow passive to jump up to once done another R10k) and once business rights are given another R5-R10k on a swim school (I have experience running one) - the business should pull on a hands off approach R200k.

4 - Running free debt cycles right now on credit cards. Effectively have 2-3 really cheap almost R0 bank accounts and get the lowest ccard you can with the lowest fees. I look also at % interest period. Using that to cycle my 50 days interest free periods while getting rid of some capital investments for full off-grid solar and borehole decisions. Dump and pump method of dropping credit.

5 - I look at things like gyms as if you are going to pay R700 a month then you may as well put R700 pm into something beneficial that has asset value and then eventually the cost forever becomes R0.
(Built a gym on property) - bought treadmill / weights ect. And hard work as part of body building. Almost at the stage of free gym for the rest of my life other than general maintenance stuff.

6 - next project as passed is fully covering the pool, and incorporating solar ect. -you would be surprised at what functional stuff people throw out when they are struggling like working pool solar heating solutions (not new but pressure tested ect) pretty much no one seems it from above other than maybe Elon anyway.

7 - finished automating every room and plug in the house IP controlled with management systems for effective electricity usage.