Finally Worthless...Started ~120k in debt a little over 2 years ago

@gubbell Separate things. 100k was for Engineering degree. 10k was for PPL.

However, a zero to hero accelerated course where you get all your ratings in one swoop with the intent to go to the airlines costs roughly $100k (prices vary if you do it privately)

@dancinglamb Bro, I’m an Aerospace Engineer living in a MHCOL area and my salary doesn’t feel like enough sometimes. You did bartending in order to here. Would you recommend that to other engineers as well?

@babymi3 I moved away from my hometown so it was a no brainer to meet people and make decent money on the side. If you enjoy talking to people and the general bar vibe then definitely.

But on the other hand, service industry comes with its own drawbacks. I'm approaching 3 years bartending and I'm getting tired of having to work instead of going to other friend events. I will likely throw in the towel once my upcoming vacay is fully funded and some other things are taken care of.

@dancinglamb Same here. I moved from Mississippi to Maryland. I didn’t know anyone when I got up here. I generally enjoy talking to folks, and kinda like the bar scene. I’ll consider it and give it a try. I got a really negative net worth right now because me and the wife just bought 2 new cars.

@babymi3 Most places will have you start as a server. Really depends where you go. I lucked out and the owners like me. Good thing about it though is that it really is your 2nd job so not too many things can really affect you mentally. Give it a shot. Slingin drinks is fun.