Fi Money/Jupiter just for tracking expenses. Will it work or I’ll have to pay something/ have issues?

@ukuladypdx My POV:

I created a Jupiter account with its own debit card, for exactly the same purpose : to track expenses.

The only problem is that if you link your HDFC account, it doesn't categorize the expenses from HDFC. So it primarily works for the expenses from the Jupiter / Federal Bank account.

And the app itself is pretty slow for UPI based payments.

@ukuladypdx You can link it to your Gpay. And you can then pay via the Federal Bank account.

Just that some of the categorization doesn't work properly.
Otherwise Jupiter is a good app to track expenses.

I am currently not tracking expenses though.

@ukuladypdx Categorisation works for payments done from any other upi app, also if for any payment it fails to assign correct category, you can override and it will auto assign next similar transactions. In Jupiter you can even categorise personal upi payment (like sending money to friends) to custom tag and it will auto assign future transactions.

@ukuladypdx I don't use iOS so I don't have any app name. But instead of manually typing have tried to find any app that can read the import statements generated by the bank. That way maybe in the end of the day or week you can get the whole list of transactions added automatically in a few clicks.

Also even I have tracking individual expenses manually. The app that I use on Android can parse the UPI sms but it will not parse my cash transactions (roadside food, bus fare). So I made a cash account in the app. This account acts as a pot, I only record a transaction in app when I put money in the pot, and I don't use that money for anything else. This kinda helped me keeping track of my small expenses.

@crimsonfield Yeah even I used to track my cash expenses manually during school but it was very little unlike now in college.

Importing CSV is something i thought of actually because HDFC allows statement export in csv, the problem is that format is not very clean so most apps aren’t able to read it. Will keep trying it though, thanks for the suggestions