Fender bender financing help

So I was backing out of a parking spot from in between two SUVs and barley touched this guy's car. My car sustained 0 damage however I put a very small crack in the front RIGHT bumper and broke the plastic cover for his headlight. After he parked we talked, agreed I was in the fault since I didn't see him. However upon closer inspection the front LEFT side of his car was smashed, with tape holding the headlight on and probably close to totaling the car honestly. They want me to fix the bumper and headlight that I damaged, and I'm totally fine with fixing the headlight but the bumper was damaged far worse previously. I was told that was going to be fixed through the other claim and he's asking 300 for both. What do you guys think?
P.S. I'm poor af, wouldn't be able to pay all the 300 till next paycheck.
P.S.S. his car was a beater, definitely a 2000 or earlier model.

@guidedbytheholyspirit I suggest you let your insurance handle this under your property damage coverage. That way, your insurance company can professionally review the demand that the other carrier is making or can outright estimate and cover the damage you caused. It can be difficult to separate sometimes. If you pay out of pocket, you will want to review the itemized estimate and be prepared to receive what’s called a supplemental estimate down the road, if further work is needed. You’ll also owe for a rental vehicle. You’ll want to make sure you only cover the rental for the time the vehicle is being repaired for the damage you caused. In addition, I’d consider having a notary sign to verify you paid the other party, unless you pay the shop directly. My opinion: call your insurance. Yea, your rate will likely be affected, but hey, that’s what they determine your premium on anyway: the risk you present to be insured based on a number of factors, one being whether or not you pay attention while driving. Your insurance can at least protect you if down the line this other guy starts having neck pain and starts peppering you with text messages. Talking attorney this and attorney that.