Farmers, USAA Lead Pack in Hiking Homeowners Insurance Rates in 2023: S&P

@name123 What year?

Its a lot like the airline industry, you only ever hear em when they're losing money. Its not like they hand out refunds in the years when they're pockets are stuffed.

Also, judging from the lifestyle of the agent that lives around the corner, the insurance industry is doing super-fine

@tmarie123 They do hand out refunds if you’re with a mural company (clearly, you don’t qualify for one..) the agent across the street may be upper level management but I’m sure he’d love to hear your correct opinions based on your experience as a licensed agent your self. Come apply I think you’ve got the right ideas. Be the change

**mutual company

@tmarie123 You're seriously going to cherry pick the first two years of a global pandemic to try to make a point about general industry trends?

Okay, now do 2022 and 2023. Or better yet, provide a cumulative multi-year average like someone who isn't trolling would do.

@tmarie123 You mean the California where most, if not all, major insurance companies are no longer writing new policies because it is not financially viable to insure the homes at those prices?

I'm not sure its a great idea using California as a image of a successful insurance market.

@roxie12 Exactly. This is a self own that he doesn't realize. CA's insurance mess is so bad, carriers are jumping off the ship because they can't charge appropriate rate. There are swaths of CA that are uninsurable.