@dayna 5-year Fixed deposit will be my choice. Interest rates are nice and high now, certainty in uncertain times. I've seen Standard Bank offer around 12% to 13% p.a simple interest, which equate to around 10.4% compounded. But do your own calcs, stretching my memory here.

@dayna ABSA currently has a 45 day notice account with interest at over 9% I think using a product like this is perfect in these high interest periods as it’s guaranteed and will most likely outperform most over investment products in the short term

@cami777 You know, I heard someone give this same advice to me like 3 months ago but i never followed up. Because at this stage I want to preserve my money and get a little yield on my cash. Question is how accessible is it ?!

@dayna In general, gold or silver do not really make that much profit. It is just old timer idea, that "gold will never lose value". But also it doesn't really do that much. Probably will be fine as generational asset by accident (if you have a bracelet, why sell it, just put it in a safe and leave for your kids or when you need emergency money, or for world collapse...). But to me, sustainable profit for one life cycle is stocks. Crypto is like vapes of investing... looks cool and futuristic, but nobody doesn't really know what it does in the long run.

@dayna I’ve been buying up for R 600 - R 700. If things are bad in a years time they’ll be worth about the same but if things are good they’ll be worth about R 2000 each. Buy on the second hand market and spend a little time learning. As for it doesn’t move much i recently sold a gold kruger that was bought for R 480 for R 41000 ok about 50 years later I don’t think it’s a terrible return and on the plus side you can’t get wiped out. Banks fail companies go bust but precious metals are always there. I hold between 5-10% in physical hide it under my bed assets.

@cami777 Problem with these coins is the spread, you have to hold forever to get that back let alone a profit, or pray for a huge leap in silver price. 1 ounce gold bullion krugers have actually done extremely well over the past 10 years..not only as a rand hedge but as a profit maker. That would be the only way to go if I were to invest in coins. For fun and for gifts the silver krugers are cool.