Some background info:

29 M

No accidents or claims since 2014

Credit score near 800

Own home, 2018 Audi SUV kept in garage in a "safe" Atlanta suburb

BI: 100/300/100

Uninsured: BI 100, 300/accident Property 100 with $500 deductible

Comprehensive and Collision Deductible $1,000

I've had Progressive for car, formerly renters and now home insurance for like 8 years. I consider myself to be a very safe driver and a very financially responsible person. No late payments on anything ever, just bought a house and credit score hovering right around 800. I was looking at my car insurance which has continually risen every renewal and is now over $800/6mo. By my rough math I have paid >$11,000 in car insurance premiums over the last eight years to Progressive and never made a claim. I thought I should shop around and see what kind of rate I could get at a competitor.

Every quote has come in at over $300/mo. Wtf. Am I missing something or do I just have a really good thing going with my current insurer? Was considering calling them to see about a lower rate until this. Now I'm not sure what leverage I have if they know I can't get much less than triple what I'm paying. $318 a month is a car payment in itself! Is there something weird going on that this is the best quote I'm able to get?

@napoleon98 Repair cost increase, vehicle value increase and medical cost increase have greatly increased the claim payouts companies are making. Paying out more in claims means rate increases to help cover the cost. All part of insurance. Contact a local independent insurance agent and have them shop your insurance,

@napoleon98 This is kind of funny, I just today experienced the same story you describe, except in the agent's seat. Guy just like youz remarkable similar details and he had progressive also. All my rates were triple what he pays.

You have an aged progressive policy, with lots of leveled up reward they give you for that. It's like a tier system that you progress on with years of loyaltl6. Bronze diamond blah blah etc. Your premium is not bad at all, though that is highly state dependant

@napoleon98 I’m your age, with lower coverage limit 50/100/50, live in Alpharetta and pay $750 with that snapshot. You got a good deal tbh.

Everybody else like geico and travelers are $1100+/ 6 months.

I used to pay $589/ 6 months through State Farm’s. You could check them out. It was 3 years ago.