Esurance help!

maria84

Victim of a hit and run accident 2.5 weeks ago—sideswiped on the freeway and the other driver took off and has not been found. Filed a claim through our insurance (Esurance) and picked up a rental through their preferred company (enterprise). Called sooo many times, haven’t heard from our adjuster. Collision center has the car, says it’ll be over 5k to cover but they can’t start until insurance responds to their supplemental. Estimate it’ll be 24 working days to complete the work once they get the green light.

Anyone have any experiences working with Esurance? How can we light a fire under them to get this resolved? Already racked up over 1k for the rental car at this point, can’t really afford to pay for all this out of pocket, especially seeing as this is not our fault at all. Anything helps!

@maria84 Whoa, so your car is not drivable? If it is drivable, pick your car up from the shop and return the rental. You'll only get reimbursed reasonable rental charges. It is your duty to mitigate your damages regardless of which insurance company pays. Once liability and coverage is sorted out, bring the car back to the shop, preferably one that the insurance company recs.

Go through your own carrier. This will likely make things go faster as well as going to a body shop that is recommended by the insurance company who is paying. You are seriously running the risk of not getting reimbursed for all of that rental.

@maria84 Hi, I’m so sorry you’ve had to deal with that. I’m currently waiting to hear back from my Esurance adjuster, as well as the appraiser. It’s been ongoing since the beginning of July, and I’ve tried contacting her Supervisor, who’s been out of the office since the incident and goes straight to a “do not call me” voicemail, her Supervisor’s supervisor at the corporate level, who’s phone also goes to voicemail, and several agents, both billing and claims by phone and online chat. All of which have placed several notes in the system and only one has successfully been able to actually get my adjuster to speak to me, which resulted in me getting an appraiser to actually come out and look at my vehicle. The only problem though, is that the appraiser would not honor a fair repair price for my vehicle, which was covered with a high policy, and none of them will answer the phone at all now, even with more agents placing emergency notices to their accounts to contact me. It’d be one thing if they were avoiding me as a customer, but all 3 three levels of personnel assigned to my claim are ignoring me, the repair shop, the car rental store, and every agent that tries to transfer me to their direct line. I just don’t understand it. I’m just glad that the repair shop has been understanding by giving me an alternative to having to pay a 49+ day storage fee of $1,700+ and instead being okay with a $60 diagnosis fee for the inconvenience.

@gfauser It sounds like you’ve had a really rough go with them as well, I’m sorry to hear that. I fully intend to switch insurance companies once this claim concludes. Now it’s September, still don’t have our car back. It took Esurance a month to approve a new wheel for the car. Ridiculous. The collision center agrees with me. Talked with the collision center this week, car is done, they’re just waiting for Esurance to send proof of payment. Who knows how long that will take. In the countless times I’ve called since the accident in June, nobody has returned a call or email. Not my adjuster, her supervisor, or his supervisor. Not once has one of them answered when I’ve called either. It’s absolutely ridiculous. We are making payments on a car we haven’t been able to drive for months, and have incurred significant damage costs ridesharring to and from work. We were told we had a rental for 45 days and that they couldn’t extend it. So we returned the rental car once the 45 days were up. Just noticed my credit card got charged for $500 from the car rental company. Clearly still some unresolved issues there. I wish the car had just been totaled to be honest so we could have washed our hands of this mess and gotten a new car months ago. This has been such a disaster, which is frustrating considering the at fault driver fled the scene, creating and leaving us in this mess.

@maria84 That is absolutely horrible. As of today, I’ve still been hunting for my adjuster and her supervisor and supervisor’s supervisor to at least get a rental, but nope... But, good news, I managed to get ahold of the appraiser’s assistant, and he’s been an excellent help with getting my car to an approved repair shop, and they’re looking to finalize the repairs in the next 4 days. But, I never considered the possibility of Esurance not responding to the final bill ._. Hopefully they’ll just let me pay my deductible and go home. I’ve already got a new policy setup elsewhere with their more responsive counterpart :)