seekalways

Hi,

I recently had an ER visit for what we thought what was a ruptured appendix. The hospital we went to was in our network. The appendix wasn’t ruptured after testing & I did not stay the night in the hospital. I received an MRI, a few medications, an ultrasound, & some blood/ lab work. I received the bill today for over $4000 & just want to verify that it’s accurate as I thought insurance would cover more. I actually was going to file with patient advocacy at this particular facility as I didn’t receive & any of the results of my MRI, etc. I’m sure that doesn’t matter. We have blue cross/blue shield of Texas. I’ve uploaded the EOB & some other info here Hi,

I recently had an ER visit for what we thought what was a ruptured appendix. The hospital we went to was in our network. The appendix wasn’t ruptured after testing & I did not stay the night in the hospital. I received an MRI, a few medications, an ultrasound, & some blood/ lab work. I received the bill today for over $4000 & just want to verify that it’s accurate as I thought insurance would cover more. I actually was going to file with patient advocacy at this particular facility as I didn’t receive & any of the results of my MRI, etc. I’m sure that doesn’t matter. We have blue cross/blue shield of Texas. I’ve uploaded the EOB & some other info here - if anyone has any helpful advice it is appreciated.

Thank you.- if anyone has any helpful advice it is appreciated.

Thank you.