Enlisted Navy SRB/Separation Pay? Question

elykim93

Good Evening All,

Active-Duty Navy Enlisted. Re-Enlisted on December 8th, Was eligible for a 45K Zone B SRB. I signed up for 5 years and got 29.8 K approved contract. Re-enlisted on the 8th. Yesterday 12/21 $9,256 dropped into my bank account. It wasn't a pay day and it was way higher than my typical check so I assumed this was my first installment of my SRB. (seemed a little short but I figured half of 29.8K after taxes and 10% TSP would be about 9k but not sure) Anyway today on 12/22 my LES dropped and said this month I will be getting my SRB but it will be $14,905 it was under entitlements. But what was strange was under Deductions was "Separation Pay" and it was $9,256...which was what I received yesterday. So what I got yesterday was Separation Pay and not my SRB...? So my original EAOS before I re-enlisted was 01Jan (right around the corner) so I guess my separation pay was due to that but why didn't this appear under entitlements. I assume they are going to take it back but judging by my LES I never got it to begin with? (but I did obviously) I looked at last month's and didn't see it there under entitlements.

And when do I get the SRB when I get paid this next time on the 30th?

It all sort of makes sense to me I just wanted to get y'alls take. Also I didn't even know Separation Pay was a thing someone want to back brief me on that?

Thanks!

@elykim93 Your situation is confusing and I’m not even going to pretend like I can help but the one thing I know is SRB does not come with a paycheck. Twice I re-enlisted in December and my bonus came on Christmas.