jlamb1

Hey everyone,

I made myself a small spreadsheet to compare electricity plans based on my personal consumption, not 'national averages' or something. So I thought there were other people who might find this useful.

Just download or copy to your Google Drive, input your current rates (fetch them from your latest bill), input your current consumption profile (e.g., X units during the day, Y peak, Z night - same, get them from the latest bill), and you're good to go.

If you find some plans you want to compare against - input those in the existing columns. At the bottom, you can input different stats to have a 'what-if' view on how much you'd save if you changed the way you consume - both on the current plan and when switching to a different one.

Feel free to download it as XLSX or copy it to your Google Drive to edit.

Also, comment if you have any suggestions!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hZlN5mV_iexpRRIX2i08UKv3No6hVvXMqzruRitzGPk

@jlamb1 Cool. I build something similar but it’s far more janky.

I do both electricity and gas so I can compare dual fuel deals.

It convinced me to buy solar last year and my daytime units have dropped from 6000 units a year to 2700 and my gas usage has dropped my 5000 as I’m using the immersion. I also run an EV from that too.

@flossie8 You still have 3 rates then, so you can replace peak with your nightly reduced, include units and rate there, and you'll still get the right comparison even to the plans that don't have that.

@roxy%E2%80%99smom It's shown in my bill. I just assumed equal usage throughout the year for this spreadsheet, though, clearly, I'll use more in winter.

If it's not in your bill - try your personal account at the provider's website