Easy stock/ETF investment services for absolute beginners to get into trading

keith841

I am a student in Switzerland and would like to get into investing now. I am an absolute beginner and I am not sure what apps/brokers to use. I want something with lowest fee for small amounts under CHF 500/month or 1000CHF irregularly. I have heard about Yuh, IBKR and so on. But the fee structures are complex in IBKR for me to fully comprehend. What are your recommendations?

@keith841 If you want to go simple and you don't mind that you're paying slightly more in fees, then Neon or Yuh is really your best bet!

Their selection isn't huge and their fees are higher than some competitors, but you really can't have it simpler.

IBKR is great and all but with their huge selection and fee structure it's really intimidating and complex.

@keith841 IBKR will by far the cheapest option, especially if you go for Tiered pricing.

You can read this a few times: https://thepoorswiss.com/ib-fixed-or-tiered-pricing/

But in short if you're buying US ETFs such as VT (whole world index) or VOO (US large cap index) which are the most popular ones, then the commissions will be around USD 0.35 for smaller transactions like you mention. In fact the transactions would have to get quite big for the commission to exceed even USD 1.