austinsawyer155

Hi all, I've been resisting e-walleting, but now no choice, got MAE because of the e-Madani claim.
I'm looking at other E-Wallets as well, but got so many, it's confusing.
How many do you all have?
Which is the best?
Do they operate like credit cards e.g. cash backs, incentives etc?
Help pleeze!

@austinsawyer155 only tng because cba to use so many different ones and i think tng it the most flexible (most uses) one.

also dont want too many money sink - tng top up 100 at a time but if have 3 then 3x100 cant see again

@austinsawyer155 I hate to support TnG due to its history of monopoly in the past. But I think the best e-wallet is tng. I linked it to my cc and rfid. So no manual topup is needed for tolls.

I can topup the amount from the cc and transfer it back to my bank account or someone else's if cash is needed. This is a very useful feature in case of emergency.

@austinsawyer155 I have Boost, TNG, Grab, Shopeepay & Spay. I would say best is Grabpay although all ewallets' benefits have been repeatedly nerfed as they gain enough userbase.

Boost - Revamped reward system is trash

TNG - No toll here and puny benefits

Grab - Points little but still better than the rest, frequent GrabFood user

Shopeepay - Only for shopee order. Last time, they have generous vouchers for in-store use but now gone already.

Spay - just an ewallet, I only use for Pay&Go carpark

If you have credit card, just use paywave like Samsung Pay, Apple Pay etc. Much faster and more convenient based on experience.

You should study them carefully and see which fits your spending habits and usage. Hard to just share generally.

@austinsawyer155 Most shop accept touchngo so i use that. Some mae so i use that too. I top up my mae account only so i can i use it for both. Auto debit from mae card on touchngo, scan qr from mae app for mae. Setel for petrol. Monthly topup after got paid so already set aside money for petrol.

They operate like debit card. You need to topup. The only difference is they usually use qr code, not paywave. Unless you use touchngo debot card or mae debit card. All of them also support duitnow so you can use any qr code that has a duitnow label on it.