Door dash driver hit my car. Door dash wont claim responsibility

lurkerplasma

The door dash driver who was delivering my pizza crashed into the back of my parked car before getting my pizza. I made a claim on DD website, which they denied by saying "The Dasher was not in service". Which absolutely gobsmacked me because he was literally delivering to my address. So i attempted to file through his insurance, Allstate, who said, he was delivering for Doordash, its absolutely their responsibility. This forced me to have to file through geico, my own so i could get my car repaired. I was told that Geico were going after doordash to reimburse the costs of repairs and my deducible. Today Geico closed the claim stating Doordash refused to take responsibility for it....

Wtf am i to do here? I sent all the documentation, drivers ID, car, number, screenshots and receipts that he was driving through Doordash to deliver to my house.

I can't get an answer from anyone except that im SOL. :(

@lurkerplasma Don’t sue the driver, it’s a total waste. Feel lucky you insured yourself properly and GEICO took care of majority of your damages and you’re only out of pocket is your deductible. Unfortunately the whole Uber/Lyft/Door Dash services are very new territory for the insurance world and a lot of these delivery drivers own insurance specifically exclude coverage for accidents that derive from effectively using their vehicle for business use. Then the policies for the companies like Door Dash and Uber pull what they pulled here and there’s not a lot of recourse right now. Technically you COULD sue, but for what… your $500 deductible? You’ll spend at least $5k in court and filing fees and that’s just the bare minimum. I’m sorry hon you’re just going to have to eat the loss. If you’re concerned about premiums, contact your carrier to discuss those concerns. Most states don’t allow rate increases for non-fault accidents as to not penalize you for using the coverages you’re paying for.