Do you enjoy your job? How much do you earn? How are you limited by the current market?

@iseetheunseen What's your day to day role? Do you have dev experience?

Developers are really in demand right now and have a lot of bargaining power. A lot of roles offer fully remote work as a perk.

I suggest brushing up your LinkedIn profile so you start getting daily messages from recruiters.

@defender211 I dislike my job mainly due to it seeming to have no future and there is no learning and no career progression. I feel enitely stagnant. It's sales in scientific field, very niche. Long story but been here 6 years. Company is very sales focussed with insufficient aftersales or product knowledge/development. Really I'd prefer to be involved in the optimisation of the company, not spruiking products but that role doesn't exist. They run it lean as a sales focussed company.

Pay is good at $115-130k most years - I mean relatively good for anything science related. That's why I haven't left.

No future though, no growth and essentially no learning transferable skills. I've done a lot of good work over the years in labs, QC, process optimisation, IT integration but that was all lowish paid (

@defender211 What kind of engineer are you? If you are after more money, go in to mining, or if you want even more money, then oil and gas. Now is a great time to transition to mining especially since they are booming and struggling to find talent to fill roles.

A sa;ary of $200k++ isnt unhead of for someone with your experience as a mid level engineer in mining or oil and gas.

I'm in oil and gas and most engineers I work with who are in that 5-10 year experience mark (and non-managers) are in the $150-$250k salary range.