DITO, with 5% market share, is "running" for 1st place (M:Jul18)

@hope088 I think they offer bonus data because you avail their 1-year subscription promo. The regular DITO 99 Level Up(30days) comes with 7GB only so if you multiply it by 12 it's only 84GB and there goes the +12GB bonus data and you get total of 96GB for a year this is also applicable for rollover so you can just reload any Level-Up promos to increase the data available on your account.

I'm in Davao Region and going out of town every quarter only, I'm getting 70-80% full coverage in rural areas, way better than Globe or Smart. They actually improve the coverage in the past few months. There's this mall in Davao City where you get zero signal inside for DITO, GOMO, Globe and TM but I started to get a full DITO signal from March 2022, until now I'm getting zero signal for my Globe sim inside that mall. 😅

@teadrinkerdeepthinker Thanks for the feedback.

Prepaid's race to the bottom continues at ₱7.43/GB via DITO Level-up 99.

Calls & text have virtually zero value due to competition from smartphone apps.

I think this is one example on how foreign direct investments would force competition among Filipino companies.

@vinylrecordz
Have they even started offering post-paid plans?

AFAIK no postpaid plans. Postpaid plans for Smart & Globe are a really small business.

IIRC it's about ~3% at ARPU of ₱999 vs 97% at ₱150? This may be why their cheapest SIM-only plan starts at ₱300/mo for dual SIM users.

And yet they still refuse to disclose their ARPU.

I think prepaid ARPU would be at most the smallest load they will allow their subs to buy? That was the reading I got when I was researching the ARPU of PLDT's wired broadband business + the user stats on https://www.speedtest.net/ days before $CNVRG IPO. Weeks later that stat on speedtest was removed. :-|

@ignissus Nasamid ako sa usapang FERROCoin "(Somewhere, Enrique Razon’s eyes just popped open, waking him from a comfortable Monday morning sleep.) Perhaps they could fit the ship with solar panels and pursue a no-revenue RE IPO? Joke lang, joke lang."

Wait lang, inom lang ako tubig. That was funny.

@churchboi Thanks, Hats… I feel like a non-operational iron miner trying to mint a mining operation-backed shitcoin kind of steals the joke’s thunder a bit. I mean, what could be funnier than that?