Displaced for 6-8 months

caterine

We recently had a pipe burst and basically ruin the whole house. I am curious what can be claimed as far as the displacement. I know Insurance will pay for rental property but not exactly sure about anything else. Thanks in advance for the information.

@caterine The coverage youre asking about is called ALE stands for additional living expenses. It's coverage D on your policy form and it has a separate limit. Use those terms to do some internet research, not enough info in your post to provide a better answer than that.

@servantofchrist27 Will do thanks. Basically we had to set up a whole new house.
It consisted of moving everything we owned that survived the flood to another place. Insurance lady said to set up and maintain the lifestyle we had before the flood.

@caterine Contact a public adjuster! That’s my best advice. We had a similar situation. We were displaced for nearly two years. We had a rental, rental furniture, I charged them for the difference in power/gas, trash, mileage, etc.

But the big thing was the public adjuster got us way more than I could get the insurance company to pay. Adjusters work for the insurance company. Public adjusters work for the insured. I’m talking about a difference between 10,000 and 80,000.