Did anyone figure out how to buy US T-bills? Or is it a untapped niche that is waiting for its own fintech company?

@primarymay Bond ETF are not worth it right now. They are not yielding better than treasuries and their price dropping much more.

I am actually doing tax loss harvesting by slowly selling bond ETFs and buying treasury bills. Next year will roll back into bond ETFs.

@leehop71 Bond ETFs can consist of only treasuries, so I'm unsure about your statement. They will continue to trend down as yields rise, and the funds buys new issues. However, it's no different then buying an holding treasuries. The NAV of the bond fund is not that important, as the yield/coupon is what matters.

If you have USD it's an excellent time to lock in. If you have yen, the currency risk makes it very risky.

@geethanx2000 I've never been into bonds, even retired at 71. But it doesn't look like things could get much worse for them (the bottom?). So I broke down and bought some TLT a couple days ago, a first for me (US account). I suppose there may be one more rate hike, and if so, I may spring for a little more, or for something similar.

@lambofgod83 Its as the label says, laddered 0-2 year treasuries. So it fits your requirements.laddering means buying a new issue as the old issue matures. The average age is 1 year.