(DEGIRO) Why did I lose additional approximately $3 in Degiro after buying USD stock from Euro account (30/7/2020: 1 euro = 1.19 usd)?

ash1994

Could someone please explain me what I missed here?
I have traded US stocks by Degiro’s Euro account from Finland for awhile. I hadn’t noticed until I found out after deducting transaction fee of €0.51, I have lost additional $1-$3 for every order after deducting 0.1% exchange fee.

Let take an example:

On 30/07/2020, I bought 2 x Atlassian stocks at $189.9 (USD)($379.8 in total). My euro-account was deducted €322.08 (Euro). On that day, the exchange rate is 1 euro = 1.19 usd. Therefore, after deducting AutoFX conversion fee (0.1%), I should have ~ $382.89.

Why did they take $382.89 to buy $379.8 value of stock? I take a look at all my transaction and I notice that I lost around 0.8% of total value of stocks I purchased. Did I miss some kind of fee here?

@ash1994 Degiro explicitly lists all fees and the exchange rate used in your transaction history. If anything is unclear from there, you can post a screenshot and people here can have a look.

Where did you get the $1.19 from? Google? Degiro might use a different exchange rate (theirs varies from one minute to the next), and they always use four decimal places.

Also, make sure to check the fees in your country on the price list.

@vlasit The numbers above are deducted €0.51 transaction fee already.
After researching, I think the problem is the exchange rate.
In the receipt, they use USDEUR = 0.8480 ~ EURUSD = 1.1792. While if I use market rate of EURUSD ~ 1.19 at the same time, it makes the huge difference (~€3)
Receipt

@ash1994 Here's a screenshot of the exchange rates on the 30th of July. As you can see, it varied from 0.844 up to 0.8524. Therefore, I do not think Degiro cheated you on the exchange rate, it's just that when you bought, you got a less favourable rate than the one at the end of day, which gets shown by Google.

And the 0.51€ fee is hopefully clear from the price list (0.50€ + 2 · $0.004). So everything checks out in this case.

@rootsrockreggae The numbers above are deducted €0.51 transaction fee already.
In the receipt, they use USDEUR = 0.8480 ~ EURUSD = 1.1792. While if I use market rate of EURUSD ~ 1.19 at the same time, it makes the huge difference (~€3)
Receipt

@giodg The numbers above are deducted €0.51 transaction fee already. In Finland, it’s only €0.51.
Receipt

@yessina The number above is what’s left after deducting €0.51 of fee.

Receipt

@kiteria Yes, I included the fee (€0.51) already.

Receipt

@resjudicata yes, I know.

The numbers above are deducted €0.51 transaction fee already.
Receipt

@ash1994 The times Google shows aren't live to the minute(I'm seeing a 1 hour delay) and they also use rounding.

E.g they show 1.8 at the minute for 13:20 while Bloomberg shows 1.843 for 14:16