Debit card, credit card auto-payment rules change from April

@whitemagnolia AWS, GCP and Azure would have already implemented a soultion to handle this. If you have a credit card you should be able to sign up for these services. Not sure why you are worried.

@ilykmtns A great step. A lot of people I know tend to forget about subscriptions, or don't know how to cancel one.
An example, someone like my dad asks me to start a subscription. Maybe he needs it for a few months. If I forget about it, it will continue for years at end.
Same issue with my girlfriend/ her sisters, my mother. .

Financially clued in people are rare....

@ilykmtns I'm confused and have only one question. Why?!

Was this a problem that needed a solution? It seems this is not applicable to mandates on Net-Banking (correct me if I'm wrong). Is this their way to move people to net-banking for automated payments?

@premier3092 Most things would continue as before from what I understand. Only subscription above a certain value will need OTP.

Personally, I find it useful since I won't have to keep track of all the subscription because I would be reminded a day before the payment and I can cancel them just before renewal.

@lamphuongnghi152 Yes, I like the new policy too.

Though most of my subscriptions are less than the threshold amount of 5000.

But I would really love to be reminded a day in advance for every automated transaction

@ilykmtns Overegulation is stupid when it has been proven that most of these 8th fail citizens of this country get swindled online because they scan random QR codes and give their OTP to anyone who asks them to.

@ilykmtns Is this just for domestic transactions or international transactions as well?

As far as I understand, international transactions don't require an OTP. Besides, they don't even come under India's jurisdiction.

Can someone please throw some light?