Currently at 6th/final month of probation period. Not sure if I want to turn permanent

tysa

Currently working as sales and marketing officer in hire purchase dept in a bank making 2.9 net (+1k if claimed expenses included)

From what I observed it seems like those car salesmen I've liaised with are low-key making many times more salary than my current job (3~4k on bad months, 5 figures on good months, average commission of a grand for a car sold), some of them are happy with their choices going from being a bank officer to a car salesman

Kinda made me want to switch into car sales mainly for the money. Feels like current salary is just not enough.

Would want to hear y'all's thoughts.

@tysa is the bonus alot if hit kpi? definitely car salesman will earn more than you, but if you built good relationship with those car dealers, you basically just sit in office and just wait for sales to come in. then next time can jump ship to other banks which give commission for every deal you closed. kaya liao. like my friend in mortgage loan, dont need go out find sales. just wait for agents to pass him the deals

@dongchau123 So far heard from my colleagues it's two times bonus a year, normally 2 3 months of bonus so....not sure if that's much compared to commission based roles...

@tysa Car sales man has very low barrier of entry. If they make sales, can make 5 figures a month but that's it.

Banking career can grow. I know people before 30 already making 5 figures a month with room to grow. Obviously not everyone can do that but I think having a career with growth prospects >> a basic sales job. Nothing wrong if you just want a quick paycheck + can sell.

@tysa Loan does make alot more money in commission , since i seen many banker working outside , just need to know where to give the sales to.

@susanbbb Not sure what you mean but iirc sales roles in banking industry aren't commission based but bonus based (I might be wrong though)

@tysa Banca, personal financial consultants, relationships managers, asb financing sales consultants, mortgage sales consultants, auto financing sales consultants.

This is my second bank, and i have friends in a couple other banks. All are commissioned.

@tysa R u a risk taker personally? Entrepreneur like?

If no, stay in banking. Your payoff will be better if you invest there in a longer term. In the meantime, find part time to earn extra money

@cleavisthesecond Am willing to take the risk if it means I can hunt for more money

Finding part time is not possible as I work long hours at times (730am to as late as 8pm during weekdays, sometimes had to work on weekends)