Currently 30, how to retire at 50?

@xeonome You're aiming for 170k/year as your 100%, but why? Sure, that's what you make now, but that's to keep up with current debts and investments. By retirement, you won't have those debts and won't have to keep investing, especially at that rate if you're fully funded. Can you not live off 80k~/year once retired with paid-for homes?

@ramirezchely Maybe, but I’d say it’s foolish to assume that you won’t possibly come into any more debts while retired. Or want to move or something like that. After all, they’re retiring at 50. The kinds of things you’re going to want to do are a bit different than retiring at 65

@ramirezchely If you’re retiring at 50, you’re gonna want to make sure you have plenty of money to do things. If your plan is to retire at 50 and just hang around the house for 30 years you’re gonna go insane in about 5

@rank156562 Kids are expensive. Either expensive daycare costs or one partner stays home or works second shift etc. Then there’s braces, club/travel sports, family vacation costs double, need a 3rd/4th car when kids are driving, 4x car insurance, 4 cell phones, grocery bill doubles, utilities go up with house full of gadgets, etc. etc. I’m not qualified to predict your future finances but I do know that kids are expensive.