Crypto/Bitcoin: Kraken vs. Coinbase?

ejay1967

So I've been following this thread
However, I can't replicate the answers provided in the thread. For example someone links this blog post: https://investinghero.ch/how-to-buy-bitcoin-switzerland/ which states:
  1. Coinbase
    1. Trading: 0.50%
    2. Withdrawl: 2.49%
  2. Kraken
    1. Trading: 0% to 0.26% based on 30-day volume
    2. Deposits & Widthrawl: 0-0.09% EUR
Now the thing is, I've been using Coinbase and have traded and withdrawn a couple of thousands of Euro and had completely different fees.

Selling Bitcoin: Fees were 1.49%.

Withdrawal: no Fees.

Now what is the deal with Kraken and why are my fees different than the ones above?

Also: What is the relevancy of currencies? I traded and withdrew in Euro. Would it be better to trade and withdraw in USD? (I have accounts in both Swiss Francs, Euro and USD.)

Thanks in advance

@ejay1967 Kraken is the only crypto exchange that didn‘t ever get hacked. It‘s run by people that are well known in the industry. It has low fees and you can send CHF directly to Kraken. I see no point in using Coinbase instead.

@ejay1967 You have to be aware that there's a Pro version for both exchanges, i.e. Kraken Pro and Coinbase Pro, each with lower fees than the "regular" version.
I use Kraken Pro with the mentioned 0.26% fee.
Further on, you can send CHF to Kraken so you don't have to pay conversion fees (CHF to USD).

@jillianforjesus I read the Pro thing all over the internet. I also used it in the past with the separate app and everything. However like 6 months ago or so it started to show me this mesage: "Coinbase Pro is deprecated. For all trading needs log into coinbase.com".

So this is not true then?

@ejay1967 Coinbase Pro got a rebrand a while ago. It can now be accessed directly from the Coinbase app and website. It's called Coinbase Advanced.
But what you read about Coinbase Pro is still valid, just under a different name.

@eve000 I don't know why you get downvoted... After Kucoin, Kraken will go down !

Coinbase on the other hand is owned by the US... They're holding Brian's balls !