Crippling student debt is a thing in Australia too, like the US and unlike the rest of the civilised world (e.g. Europe)

@tony101 I believe it was Bob Hawke who said that if people are going to go to uni and live a comfortable life from their education, then it’s not right that the working class should subsidize that. (Paraphrased) but something to that effect.

@tony101 Correct, your asking me who never went to uni, earns below median wage to pay for your uni degrees?

Most of whom will go on to earn a lot more than me over their lifetime?

USA stats say those who have a uni degree make a million dollars more on average across their life, its likely similar for Australians.

In addition to this, the poor are able to freely go to uni if they wish, the supposedly high cost is not a barrier.

@tony101 Hey, remember where you are. This sub is perverse. You'll hear the most preposterous arguments in this thread, not worth a reply.

Here for the downvotes, because if Australians were sane, we would have free healthcare and free education up to and including PhD level like any normal, advanced country, except for the neoliberal hellholes.