CRA saying I owe $4.5k, I submitted documents to prove I don't, still no response

@resjudicata I have around 2 weeks until the 90 days is up but I called the CRA today and the guy on the phone told me to not file an Objection right now, since it is unnecessary because my documents haven't been rejected yet. If they do get rejected, then I have another 90 days and can file an Objection then.

Gonna call Collections tomorrow to clear things up. I've just been ignoring the Notice of Collection letters

@7thdayrest They're basically re-assessing you as if you had responded to the letter right away. The only difference is your case got moved out of the active cases of the agent that was assigned to it as you did not reply in time. It gets re-opened and put back into the queue but you lost that priority by not replying within the specified timeline so it will take longer.

I would do as the agent said and wait for your re-assessment, and you can file a notice of objection if for any reason they don't reverse the $4,500.

@7thdayrest Unfortunately, it takes 3 months to start prioritizing reviewing your documents (and accept phone calls related to submission), and takes up to 6 months to actually process it and communicate with you.

@jjp297 I didn't have the IRS transcript at the time (I do now, it took a while to mail to me). Instead, I submitted: tax forms issued by the US (two 1042-S, one W2), US Federal and Illinois tax return, completed T2209 form, screenshot of my bank account showing refunds from the US Fed, picture of a cheque from IL.