@qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn lol I’d just move back or to another country it’s only going to get worse . With that said try buying bulk then freeze stuff , buy frozen but times that stuff is not even pleasing to eat . Shop around check different grocery stores for deals .

@jumbogeorge Did they bring those back? I avoid them because they got rid of salads - almost all the others have side salads instead of fries and I don't eat out much so I never have the opportunity to check.

@qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn Typically, if you have a small shambles or mongers nearby, you'll find the items are cheaper. The local fruit store where I live is a square store that sells things at 60% the cost of big stores that pay for fancy lights, high ceilings, open air freezers, etcetera

Likewise, you'll often find that buying quantity often will save a lot. I've seen a can of beans be more expensive than a kilo of beans. I've also seen Costco sell an item in bulk when I can buy the same item individually at a lower unit price.

@qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn Shopping at Costco, Walmart, and Superstore are your best bets in Saskatoon. Freshco and No Frills are lower price, but the selection is not great.

I think the Walmart in Preston Crossing has a bunch of British Import items.

One thing you'll notice is that in the winter basically all produce except greenhouse grown are coming from Mexico or further South.

@qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn Might not be super useful in the winter, but in the summer, find the local farmers markets. Normally way cheaper and buying direct from the farm. Similarly, if there is a Mennonite grocery store near you, they are generally way cheaper (but mostly sell meat and produce, less processed or packaged food).