concerned about lack of travel cover in j-1 visa insurance policy

sahra

Hello! My J-1 visa to the US (short term scholar) was recently approved. I purchased the StudentSecure Budget policy which covers the J-1 requirements. However, upon closer inspection I realised that it only covers medical bills, and doesn't include your standard travel cover eg. cancelled/delayed lights, lost baggage etc. I want to have a policy/policies that will cover both travel and medical bills (if that makes sense) so that my travel to and from the US, as well as within the US when I'm not studying, will be covered too. So I have 2 options as I see it:
1. Keep the SS Budget policy and buy an additional travel insurance that allows me to do my research placement in the US (I'm not paid but receive a stipend - hence I'm not sure if this counts as "work" and hence precludes me from taking on some policies?). Sounds slightly redundant but I'm not sure if this is standard for many students...?
2. Cancel the SS Budget policy and buy a new policy that is more comprehensive.

Can anyone give me recommendations for policies to buy that would fulfil my needs/a plan going forward? This is my first time going to the US and the visa application and healthcare systems are leaving me thoroughly confused. Thank you in advance!

@sahra Any travel insurance you get is almost certainly not going to be as broad as your SS Budget policy. Most travel insurance just pays to get you home so that you can get treatment there. You're better off getting non-medical travel coverage, which will be much cheaper. You're not gaining anything by combining the two.