[Colorado] Phase 2 Official Announcement Email from CDLE

not_a_unicorn

I received this email last night

This is an official communication from the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment Unemployment Insurance Division.As you may know, we have been rolling out the benefit extensions and changes outlined in the Continued Assistance Act in phases. In the coming week, we expect to roll out Phase 2. This phase will include:

Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) and Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) claimants who exhausted the balance on their claim before 12/26/20

PUA and PEUC claimants who have exhausted their balance since Phase 1 opened on 2/1/21

Claimants who have exhausted their regular state unemployment benefits since 12/26/20 will be able to apply for PEUC

Phase 2 will make available the 11 additional weeks of PUA and PEUC benefits provided by the Continued Assistance Act. Claimants receiving these benefits will also receive Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) benefits, which provide an additional $300 weekly benefit.

We’ll be sharing more information about the Phase 2 rollout later this week, but here’s what you can do now:1. Log into your MyUI+ account. If you have not logged into MyUI+ before, there are how-to videos on our website.2. Request payment for any available weeks within your MyUI+ account. Make sure to do this before completing the next step.3. If you have the option, apply for regular UI benefits. If you see the “Apply for Standard UI Benefits” option in your navigation menu, please click it and complete the application. Federal rules require us to confirm that claimants are either not eligible for or have exhausted regular state unemployment benefits before moving to the federal pandemic programs. If you are eligible for any regular state unemployment benefits, those benefits must be exhausted before you can receive further benefits under the federal programs.

Note: Some claimants will not see this option. If you don’t see the option, simply disregard this step.📷Later this week, we will share more information about how you’ll file for PUA or PEUC benefits once Phase 2 goes live.

We understand that this gap in benefits has been challenging, and we appreciate your patience as we have worked to program these changes into our systems.

@not_a_unicorn What if... Your claim year ended and you had to re-submit for regular UI and qualified. However, they still owe you back pay from Dec 27 to Feb 6 on PEUC extension? It's not showing here to certify.

Is that going to show up this Sunday... For me to certify all those weeks?

And, what about the $25 difference issue? When are they going to fix our amounts to match them older higher amount?

@bethany123itsmeeeee Oh, I’m not sure about your particular situation. I’m just on PUA. Hope they let you certify on Sunday.

The CDLE website now says Phase 2 will start on or before 2/20. I guess we’ll have to see what happens.