[COLORADO] Info About Re-opening your PUA PEUC Claim on 2/1

gebmol

From the email I just received:

To begin the process of reopening your existing PUA or PEUC claim, please follow these steps:
  1. Log into your MyUI+ account. If you have not logged into MyUI+ before, there are how-to videos on our website.
  2. Apply for regular UI benefits. Click “Apply for Standard UI Benefits” in the navigation menu. Federal guidelines require this step to confirm that PUA and PEUC recipients are either not eligible for or have exhausted any regular state unemployment benefits before moving to the federal programs. If you are eligible for any regular state unemployment benefits, those benefits must be exhausted before you can receive further benefits under the federal programs. Please allow for our system to process your application overnight before moving to the next step.

Note: Some claimants may not see this option. If you do not see the option, move to the next step.
📷
  1. On or after February 1, reopen your PUA or PEUC claim. Assuming you are not eligible for regular state unemployment benefits, the next time you log in to MyUI+ (on or after February 1), you should see the option to reopen your PUA or PEUC claim in the navigation menu. Your claim will be automatically backdated to December 27, 2020. After reopening your claim, you should see previous weeks available within your MyUI+ account and will be able to complete weekly certifications for those weeks.

@yowan So was I, and I didn’t get the email either. I think if you were on Reg UI and got switched to PEUC/PUA they already know you’re not eligible for Reg UI therefore don’t need to send the email.

@resjudicata That would be wonderful, I hope so. It's just scary not knowing when we will get paid, afraid we won't. And the lack of clear communication is ridiculous. It all seems shady af

@yowan The email that got sent out said Feb 1st (Monday) we can re open and request payment.

Also, they were reported saying the $300 backpay is getting paid to everyone regardless of phase tomorrow, meaning deposits into accounts Monday / Tuesday. So I’d expect money next week.

CDLE also likes to send emails in waves. We might get ours tomorrow.

Emails began being sent out today according to Haavind. 230k emails should be sent by Sunday. I still haven’t received mine either. This info was posted an hour or so ago on Denver News. I’m also wondering if we’ll be getting that $300 or not tomorrow. Am I mistaken in interpreting it as you’ll only be getting it if you’re collecting even a $1 on unemployment? If that’s the case, would we still be receiving it tomorrow even though we’ve been in limbo collecting nothing since the end of Dec.? It’s a little ambiguous no?

@gebmol Help! When you fill out “employer information”...do you put your self employed info? It doesn’t let you fill it in without checking the “after several searches, I cannot find my employer in the database”. But if you check no...it looks like you haven’t had employment in the relevant time period...I’m so confused. And I was really counting on this. I hope I’m not going to regret doing this. I’m so stressed right now.

@gebmol So I'm signed on because it said we can apply now, and reopen claim on Monday. Thought there is no option to apply nor reopen claim. Or did I not read the email correctly