claims advice for negotiation of offer

csaw

Hello everyone! I'm currently in the process of refusing the cash offer for my claim with Esurance ( allstate) in Washington. I few things I need advice on is, Can the insurance take away my rental for refusing their initial settlement offer?I just received a voicemail yesterday from adjuster saying that since they have made a settlement offer, my last day with the rental will be Monday. I know their initial offers is always lower than they're willing to pay out .I feel like I'm being pressured to take offer if they take the rental away because it's my only way to and from work. 2nd issue is when first talked to adjuster, she asked the mileage which I told her it had ~134k. On the copy of the paperwork I received from their appraiser it states my car has 197+k on it. Being as the car was burn to a crisp literally, I dont understand where they are getting these numbers. Also in the very first conversation I told her my car was in excellent conditions inside/out with aftermarket wheels. Upon seeing the breakdown of their Appraiser price offer it states the condition of vehicle normal and missing wheel hubs (which were in the vehicle) yet they deducted $88 from the offer. It also fails to mention that I had tools, work apparel( expensive boots,jackets,etc) which I'm not getting compensated for either. I sure all these things are part of the reason why their offer is so low, but I would like to know what else or how I can do to dispute on my behalf ? I understand they use fair market value to come up with a monetary worth for vehicle, yet the 4 examples of the same cars for sale they used are almost 2x higher than their offer for mine. Out of the those 4 two have higher mileage also yet they offer me less? I have researched and took screenshots of other cars for way more than their offer also. I plan on submitting those in my refusal of their offer but if anyone can help me with answers or advice I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS IN ADVANCE 🙏🙏

@csaw theres no such thing as an initial offer, your car is worth what its worth. they dont toss out low numbers in hopes you go away,t hat would be illegal and insurance is a highly regulated industry.

yes they can take the rental away, most states the law says after they make the offer they owe you like 3 days of rental. or its spelled out in your policy.

why dont you ask them how they got the mileage, perhaps public records? i frequently have to use public records or inspection records for mileage and we calculate it as best as possible sometimes as well if we cant get it. a car with 50k is obviously worth more than one with 150k,

as for the stuff you had in the car, if this is your own insurance then you are not owed those items. your homeowners/renters policy would cover them. your car insurance only covers permanently fixed items into the vehicle. if its the other guys insurance, your gonna hafta prove the stuff was in there and possibly provide invoices/receipts for the stuff

you already are on the right track in submitting other cars to compare your car too, but keep in mind these vehicles should be similar to yours in mileage and options and nearby. dont send them ones from 500 miles away

@occamsrazor18 Thank you for the reply. I'm not too experienced in dealing with insurance claims except for 2 others were I was I hit .one claim I got a lawyer because I was hurt and the other somebody totaled my dodge neon in my driveway. In the claim for my neon they offered me $1000 initially but when I refused to settle and said I had paid more than that they asked me to submit examples of other cars around the price I paid. I ended up settling for $2800 so that's what I meant by initial offer I apologize if that's incorrect.

As for the public records, why would my car be listed with higher mileage though? Is that a common thing to listed incorrectly? If it is then sounds like it would be near impossible to dispute seeing I don't have pictures of the mileage as proof. On the part of submitting similar cars to mine it has been super hard to find any in my area for some reason and I have literally searched every site like autotrader, cargurus, edmunds,etc. I had no trouble finding them in all other states. I'm guessing the adjuster couldn't either as her example were from oregon and California

@csaw What you did previously was prove the car was worth more. Do it again and see if this time it changes too.

As for mileage they may have pulled registration or inspection data or even carfax and someone entered the mileage wrong at some point