claiming disability benefit for 21 year old

shadaya

So like the title says I am a 21 year old male and I recently broke my leg in a sport related injury outside the workplace. I know I immediately don't quality for any workers compensation but I read into CPP disability benefit and I think I may qualify but wanted to get some kind of reassurance from someone regarding my case. I know I have been making CPP contributions since I turned 18 and I've made more than 3500 a year. Minus the time I have spent in school I believe I have approximately 2-3 years of CPP contributions. My biggest worry is that services Canada requires at least 4 outta 6 years of CPP contributions made and being only 21, might be a problem for me. I just started working again after being unable to find work this summer. I would absolutely hate myself if I am unable to claim any kind of compensation because I do have bills and payments to make. If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Also I'm pretty sure I'm going to be let go from my
job because I am a hockey referee and it requires mobility in order to keep up with the pace of the game.

@shadaya you don't qualify. cpp's definition of disability is that it is "severe" and "prolonged." yeah, a broken leg hurts, but it's technically not "severe" and certainly not prolonged. this is a case of "you're young, you'll get better, suck it up 'til then."