Claim on Car Accident? Tips/Pointers?

Heya guys!

Just wanted to ask how long does the process usually take para sa car accidents? This is my first accident and hopefully my last, so any tips or pointers would really help out!

I got into an accident (Self) on December 3, filed a report on December 4.. complete with photocopies of my liscense, blotter report, Estimates from Casa, ORCR & my insurance policy sa branch namin ng insurance company ko, they said i should have an approval in a week or two.

I was told na malaki ung damages ng unit ko so we would have to wait for an approval galing sa head office nila, i followed up a week later they said wala pang response from the head office, so i decided to call the head office of my insurance company and to my surprise they said that they have not received any claims with my file from our branch and was told to send an email to the head branch with the same requirements i provided to our branch.

Any ideas on how to speed things up? Or how to follow up properly? According to my friends i should have received a claim number (which i have not?) It saddens me that my car less than 2 months old has to be put on the sideline.

What are your experiences with this matter aswell?