CIMB advisory - 2.5% p.a. effective March 1, 2021

@pangurban Hi po may i ask how do u cash in money to komo. Do u know any banks or digital banks that can cash in money po without fee, sa gcash kasi may 15 pesos na byad po. Thank u

@marthawilliam123 Depende na kung saang bank or e-wallet manggagaling yung funds. May mga bank or e-wallet na walang fees to use InstaPay.

Ito usually ginagawa ko
  • Bank with no PesoNet fee -> ING -> ING Pay -> KOMO
  • Bank / e-wallet with no InstaPay fee -> KOMO

@marthawilliam123 Subject to change but I do feel the difference between ING's 2.5 to Komo's 3. I have the same amount in both pero ramdam ko kasi it's worth 1-2 meals din ang difference per month.

Mas ramdam ko nun talaga with CIMB, but with the issues I had, I was just happy to escape them unscathed.

@douwant2go2heaven There’s ING that also has an interest of 2.5%, but they have a 4% promo going on now like CIMB had a couple months ago. It ends in a few months I think and they’re clearer about the qualifications than CIMB was. I’ll probably switch to them myself in a bit

@gregory95
Important Notice:

Advisory on Interest Rate

Please be informed that effective March 1, 2021, our base interest rate will be 2.5% p.a. for UpSave account holders and 2.6% p.a. for GSave account holders.

Customers may still enjoy 4% p.a. interest in three ways. Click the link below to learn how.

https://www.cimbbank.com.ph/en/promotions/promotions.html

Promo lang nman ung interest rate. Honestly If you have bigger money, you will benefit sa 4 percent interest rate (E.g 40k for 1M). Also take note if you have bigger money, much better ilipat eto sa bank na may limit ung pagtransfer (50k per account), para worst case scenario at mahack ung account, 50k lang ung matransfer nila sa instapay. may iba kaseng banks na allowed multiple instapay transfer (E.g Unionbank)

@faithfamilyfreedom Take note that 4% interest rate is effectively only 3.4% interest due to final taxes (15% this 2021). So it's 34k not 40k. Pero still, yep, it helps. I use GSave for this due to OTP and transaction limit (100k per month), for the same security reasons you mentioned hehe