CIMB advisory - 2.5% p.a. effective March 1, 2021

@gregory95 Withdrew all my funds from my CIMB account after finding out recent posts about depositors reporting that their accounts were suddenly closed. Imagine the hassle if that happens to you.

I'm now banking with ING. Mobile app UX is superb!

@judipoker Had a mini heart attack earlier, the CIMB App didn't recognise my phone, and flagged it as a "new device". Wth? Don't remember ever using a differt device, just used the app 2 days ago. All previous settings was gone, luckily I was able to register my phone back and verify that my money is still there.

Still, not cool CIMB, not cool.

@amyser Same here. Akala ko may new device na nag register sa account ko.

Time to move all of my funds back to ING. Not cool. Sakto nakuha ko na din debit card ko sa ING.

@amyser Experienced the same thing yesterday but figured out why. The "new device" is the same phone except with a newer version of Android.

I guess the app mistook it for a new phone. It is a bit odd that no other app makes the same mistake.

@judipoker Been using ING and Komo since all the stress and hassle cimb put me through a few months ago. I prefer Komo's UI overall. Also helps that they are connected to physical banks. All banks have problems so I just split my money so that if something goes wrong especially during emergencies, at least I have another account to access.