CERB Repayment and dispute

@jay1964 Thank you I’ll definitely try that. I sent in my dispute months ago and still nothing so I’m just gonna continue trying to contact them. But I’ll also look into a insolvency trustee.

@fortruth73 Pro tip don't give up no trying to get a hold of the government.

Find whatever document resulted in an overpayment. You've probably missed an appeal deadline. Talk to a lawyer or accountant.

@the_funky_gibbon Definitely. I honestly disputed it around 2 months ago and haven’t heard back. So I definitely made the deadline and they just either haven’t reviewed it or idk what’s going on. I’ll definitely try speaking to my accountant, thank you for your input.

@fortruth73 I worked but wife collected CERB. We got a bill for 28k. Stay at home mom 3 kids and did the online learning. CRA said she wasn't eligible even though we had to keep the kids home and everything till schools reopened.

@ragnardanneskjold When it comes to having dependants I think you may be able to get some help or get them to lower the amount. Definitely go on their website they have lots of options such as if you can’t repay it maybe you can get credit, but if you don’t meet the requirements for credit there’s a contact number for if you really don’t think you can repay it. I’m not saying you’ll be wiped clean of the debt but maybe you’ll be able to have a settlement with them to decrease the total debt due to 3 dependents.

@fortruth73 Not exact situation cause didn’t involve ei. But if you want your case to be redertermined would suggest in looking into CRA judicial review process. Where you are fighting for someone else at CRA to review your case out of fairness, etc. Judicial review does not have power to remove what you owe, etc. It is just for getting another CRA person to review and redetermine. The judicial review has helped and positive outcome. Hope this helps.