Career switch at 50lpa

@lazar You are crazy if you think IB is interesting. Finance is 99% sales. A snowflake like you would crumble. Try selling a detergent to your neighbourhood for a month and then figure how 'interesting' you find it. You are lucky you are in CS. Most finance Bros would kill to get into a dynamic field like that.

@lazar You talk to people who are at the top firms doing good work! Reddit is a place full of people who do jobs for money, you won't get a very good idea here. Go on LinkedIn, follow people in the field you feel exciting, connect and talk to them. It is much better in my opinion.

@lazar When you say 50+LPA do you refer to the CTC or the base that the company offers you, I also see a mention where you’ve had a chance to accept an offer that brings you to 1CR is that the base or the CTC

Also would you be kind enough to share the structure if CTC ?

@lazar I mean, by now it's clear that you're trying to find excitement in life at work. Or in other words, the excitement in life for you is in exploring intellectual stuff. I agree with your assessment that you could be bored again in 2-3 years. Infact I will guarantee you that you'll be bored in 5 years if not 2-3. How can I guarantee? Because I'm the exact same.
What I would recommend is, talking to people who've overcome to problem.
Trying to find the juice of life at work is just a miserable approach.
Now that you've figured out making money and living comfortably, it's time you really started figuring out what is it that will truly satisfy you.

P.s: I know I sound like some spiritual/philosophical guy, but it's true. If you don't really think about this, you will become insanely frustrated. I have been there so I know

@lazar Most of the comments you get are - either "help me to get such high paying job...." (or) "this is a fake post ... and no one earns this much....." (or) generic advice ....

I think you are better off asking for advice on blind app or reach out to people working in IB on Linkedin using premium.

If you want to do research - try ibm research or nvidia or samsung research roles. How about doing Mtech from IISC bglr ?

I think even if you work for 2 years or do mtech in iisc, the experience is very valuable as compared to doubting yourself.

I would suggest you to switch companies, work & prep for iisc bglr & then go mtech with research & have an option to come back to the new company - in case things don't pan out.