Career switch at 50lpa

@lazar How much do your 3 dependents cost per year? I am sure the four of you can sustain easily for another 5 years with your current savings. And you'd any get another income source within this time.

@lazar Bro. Right now there is partime PhD and PhD program for working professional under new education policy scheme. So it's possible to do it if your focus is India.

@lazar Off topic, but I wanted to ask how to get an MLE or AI scientist jobs as a fresher. I am a 21 y/o student in a Tier-2 college. Thanks!

@shayamno Tier 2 means NIT? See top firms hire freshers only from tier-1/2. In that case I guess you would get an opportunity.

How to prepare-
Do andrew ng course for fundamentals before any fancy LLM, try kaggle contests, daily read latest research papers. You should do fine

@lazar Hey, not really a personal finance related comment, but you should consider getting screened for ADHD. Being bored and switching careers in such short durations seems to be a relatively common thing for folks who are high performers but also suffer from ADHD. It might be nothing, but there's no harm in getting yourself checked.

@ldd This isn’t ADHD but a lack of brain stimuli. Child prodigies who aren’t recognized and are in bad schools often become dull depressed and bored adults because their brains weren’t challenged to grow when needed.

OP just may be really smart, catches on to new tech and challenges fairly easily and hasn’t been able to find something actually challenging to keep him interested. The result will always be boredom and a desire to quit.

@lazar Probably search for a better role in the same field, ensuring you’re doing something that excites you and also compounding on your tech/dev experience.

If you’re interested in finance and as I see you mentioned stock trading as one of your interests, do it on the side, either by making models/algos for HFT trading etc. And if you’re still interested you can apply based on your personal projects.

Investment bank (assuming core finance and not being a data scientist in an IB) is a whole different ball game with its own gate keeping etc. which will set you back. Also, imo the work is drudgery, way more brain dead than what you’d be doing right now. And also even from a minister perspective being in tech would be more rewarding than being IB, Consulting. They had their time till early 2000s. Not anymore.

@lazar Depending on the amount of time you are having to spend on the job, you can do a few things to understand who you are and what do you want to do.

I have gone through some version of this, just that it was far early in life and in my second job and I realised I had to run my own startup solving for things I care about. What I can tell you is that your feeling is normal. Don’t disregard your internal search for meaning / learning / growth.

Feel free to message me and let’s chat.

@lazar No matter what others say, I'm just gonna put my opinion here.....

If you draw a salary in these trying times, just stick to it. You're lucky man. Preferences don't fucking matter. Period.

The guys commenting here either want a referral or the itsy-bitsy details of your work profile.

AI is booming and if you're even just an AI prompt engineer, you're luckier than most of them.

Same space, just a suggestion.

No replies please. I'm not into replying and defending myself.

Peace ✌🏻