Car insurance?

resjudicata

Hi.. I'm not sure how reddit works.. I just have a question I need answered. I got in a car accident a couple months ago, not at fault. The other driver had no insurance, but I had full coverage, so I all I lost was my deductible. Progressive totaled my car out and gave me money. I got my car fixed and it's better than ever. Can I go back and get full coverage for insurance now that's it fixed, or is because it was classified as totaled by them, am I no longer insured?

@resjudicata That would be a question for Progressive. Many carriers will not allow comp and collision on vehicles with a salvage title. I'm assuming you had it correctly re-titled, inspected, and registered with the DMV with a salvage title (as is required). If Progressive won't do it, you can call other companies to see if they will. If you have another accident, the vehicle's value is significantly diminished due to being previously totaled, so you won't get much.

@resjudicata It’s up to the insurance company. Because I’ve been with insurance companies that won’t provide the same coverage that totaled out the vehicle. For example, if the vehicle was totaled out because of hail damages they won’t add comprehensive covg on the salvage vehicle because it can’t be totaled out twice for the same thing. Same thing goes for collision covg. Hopefully that helps.