Car insurance company forged my signature

esteban

For the past nine months, I’ve been going through the process of getting my totaled vehicle paid off. This January I finally received an offer that I was pleased with. I signed the offer and figured everything would go smoothly past this point. It is now March and the insurance company paid $800 less than agreed-upon. I called my loan office to see what the issue was and they said they had a signed copy of me approving a $800 less amount which I did not. When I reached out to my insurance company to see what the issue was. They said they removed $800 (without my knowledge) for a previous check they had sent me to fix my vehicle before totaling it out. This money was used on parts which are in the back of the vehicle that they now have possession of. My adjuster knew this information and I have an email of him said nothing would be deducted seeing that they are in possession of everything. They are stating that the parts are not in the vehicle. Not sure what my next move should be. I don’t know if it’s stupid or not to get a lawyer over $800. But I do have a signed document stating they would be paying $800 more.