Car Insurance: Can you group accidents / repairs together?

emet_ziton

Never had a claim before, so a bit clueless. Sorry for nooby question.

I have a few car issues that I have never dealt with b/c they were mostly cosmetic. My assumption was that any one claim would raise my rates too much to be worth it unless it was a huge claim. But now that I have a few things that have accumulated I am wondering if now is the time to make a claim.

Is is possible to group everything together or will i need to pay deductible on each since they are unrelated? I have collision insurance and deductible is $500.

I backed into a tree on my road and broke the bumper, had the basketball hoop fall and put a 3" hole in my hood, rock from dumptruck hit windshield and put a 9" crack in it (having replaced before next inspection), scraped the side up along some rocks. All told probably $3-4k in damage.

Thanks

@emet_ziton These would all be separate claims, so separate deductibles. Although depending on how long ago these were, there may be a question of if they are even covered.

@emet_ziton The deductible applies to each incident. You can't take damage that accumulated over time and call it a single accident. So the 4 accidents you described would each have a $500 deductible, and you may have run out of time to report them, depending entirely on how long ago they occurred. That said, you should check to see if you have a lower deductible for the windshield claim. That can be a thing in some states and with some carriers in places that don't require it.

@emet_ziton

I am a bot whose sole purpose is to improve the timeliness and accuracy of responses in this subreddit.

Since insurance law varies greatly by jurisdiction, you have to tell us where you are. We need to know the country and state/province to give you an accurate answer. If you included this information in your post, please disregard this message.

LocationBot 4.99998891 [sup]109/37rds[/sup] | Report Issues | adEb1pVeCtmYyUjb

@emet_ziton All separate incidents, so separate deductibles. And also 2 at fault collision accidents, which will probably not be very friendly to your rates.