Car in accident; wife mistakenly filed a roadside assistance claim, car taken to wrong place

rafael_

My wife got into an accident tonight (she's fine, fortunately!). She mistakenly filed a roadside assistance claim with USAA and the car was towed to a service center rather than a body shop. Now I have my undrivable car in the wrong place. Do I need to pay out of pocket to get my car towed to the right place? USAA claims center is closed until Monday, so not that much I can do, but wanted to get some advice...

@rafael_ You might be ok. There might be storage charges on the vehicle when it gets picked ip too but if it were my claim I'd try to treat it the same as if it was taken to a tow yard. If it's wrecked enough to be an obvious total loss they may just tow it straight to the salvage yard.

@rafael_ You should be good. With any claim your insurance will cover up to 2 free tows, after that you might have to pay out of your pocket. Anything that you have paid make sure to keep receipts and submit them to your insurance company for reimbursement.