Car Accident who’s at fault?

@nucc Edited the post. Car À was in the process of doing a left hand turn but was cited for an illegal u-turn.

Car À was doing a turn and was hit from the side. No attempt to stop from Car B.

@sharon0110 With the drawing that I am seeing and the account I would say it’s driver B at fault.

With you getting a citation I wouldn’t be surprised if the insurance for driver B puts shared liability, if that’s how liability is done in your State. That’s if the driver had insurance or not. Just cause the cop said they didn’t doesn’t mean they don’t.

@sharon0110 You can't say what car b did or didn't do as you aren't them. Not having tire marks doesn't indicate they didn't attempt to stop. Did their airbags go off? Why did you attempt to make an illegal U-turn than when told that was the main fault change it to a left turn. People don't accidentally say U-turn so don't pull that crap.

You made a U-turn and the car behind you collided with you. Some adjusters and I see them up there would blame the car behind you as following too close and will lose in arbitration easily.

You are at fault either a majority or all. Unless the car behind you had airbags go off it will be hard to fault them. And if you say they attempted to go around they could argue they took evasive action but you made an illegal turn.

You are the primary cause of the accident a good adjuster would start you at 100 percent and then look for things to hit the other driver for not based on your statement but on the other drivers.

@resjudicata Lol why do the airbags matter? I don't think op ever stated they were making a u turn just that the pr cited them for an illegal u turn. I think op could be af as there is case law you have to make sure no one is passing on your left before turning left into a driveway but I don't think any of the logic you have presented would place op AF. What if op had to hard brake for an animal or someone running into the road? I think poi isn't great for op and would be curious to see the other drivers statement

@slingmama Are you an adjuster? Airbags help determine speed. They did say they were making a U-turn and then edited it to say left. The point of impact supports that he was making a U-turn. Plus you can't edit a title once it's posted.

It is highly unlikely based on poi that op was making a left and the car behind him attempted to pass on the left. If the other car was traveling at a higher rate of speed than op and op made a sudden left the impact would not be to rear driver's side door.

The impact would be to either the front of both cars or the front of op to the middle of vehicle 2. The damage and poi don't support OP's edited version. The original version is the most plausible based on poi.

Hard braking to avoid an accident and being rear ended is a wildly different accident then damage to front and rear driver's side door which support making a U-turn. In almost every state there are vehicle codes and those help determine responsibility. When you go to make a U-turn you take the responsibility to make sure it was clear before completing it, in order to avoid fault.

@resjudicata Again op only presented it the way the pr was. He never stated he was making a u turn explicitly. I also don't think speed is a factor at all nobody was travelling at an unsafe speed for the conditions.

If I was actually going to make a decision here if I was ops adjuster the full statement with detailed questions would be very important.

@slingmama Again he edited it to change his statement to say that he was going to make a left (unlikely) given the poi and the illegal U-turn. Police reports don't put illegal U-turn in unless you say you were making a U-turn or the evidence supports it. Which it does again

@slingmama I didn't say there aren't situations I said illegal U-turn. Look I get you are trying to justify your point of view regardless of the points of impact that don't support it. So it's not worth your time or mine to continue this.

@sharon0110

I am a bot whose sole purpose is to improve the timeliness and accuracy of responses in this subreddit.

Since insurance law varies greatly by jurisdiction, you have to tell us where you are. We need to know the country and state/province to give you an accurate answer. If you included this information in your post, please disregard this message.

LocationBot 4.99859 83/379ths | Report Issues | QVp1bDJhZ1VtWQ