Can someone help me find affordable health insurance for a few months travel? I'm struggling...

jaenalyn

Hi all. My grandmother will be coming to visit Canada for about 4 months. She is trying to find insurance to cover her stay and everything seems so expensive. $1,0000+ (a lot of 'international/travel insurance sites I've seen don't allow me to alter deductibles etc.)! I could see if it was full time health insurance, but for just temporary travel insurance, that seems super high (esp. since its primarily for emergences, given that her country has socialized/universal care). She has no current medical conditions; granted she's a bit older, but that seems so steep for just a few months.

Can anyone recommend a company (or recommend a way to find a good company for temporary medical insurance in Canada? cuz I'me finding it difficult via Google)

Any guidance would be super helpful. Thank you!

@jaenalyn It's usually smarter for him to get travel insurance in his own country that will cover Canada. Usually a lot cheaper too. We did that for my husband when he immigrated here cuz he didn't have health insurance for the first 6 months.