Can some explain like I’m 5?

@tannerking1 Seriously, dude. You are dangerous and exactly the guy that gives the rest of a bad name. I hope you get your head out of your wallet and start genuinely going what's right for the client. That or go sell used cars.

@tannerking1 She didn't state her income, but most people need somewhere around 10x that. You think a $500k-$1m IUL is appropriate? This is clearly term insurance situation unless the missing details are that she's a very high earner.

@trnubian You a have an annually renewable term your premiums will increase every year. I think the first comment on this post has the best explanation. You should probably seek a policy outside of your job especially because you have young kids and the converges you have seem to be inadequate and if you went on FMLA for 6 months or more or you got laid off or changes jobs that policy wouldn't pay. So that you don't get confused and pulled into someones intentions to sell you a predetermined product you should probably educate yourself on the various types of life insurance, their pros and cons and work with a financial planner/fiduciary (not an agent) to get a plan in place for you including a will, emergency fund, investments and retirement. I have a buyer's guide I can send you if you want.

@trnubian Please don't listen to my haters. I highly suggest for you to go for an IUL in case you die with the least amount of death benefit you think your family will need and put everything else into an S&P now the IUL is kinda pricy at target premium if you can't do target premium just don't do the IUL and go for a whole life and S&P/Securities.

@tannerking1 Do not buy IUL, WL, VUL, or UL. Get the longest level term policy in the amount you need. Most life insurance agents are trained to sell high premium low coverage amount policies. There are so many options to accumulate wealth, so only get life insurance for what it is designed to be.